50/50 CYCLE RIDE 2017
Sunday 7th May 2017
The 22nd Annual Cycle Ride in aid of a charity of the rider’s choice and the Children’s Hospice SW supported by Rotary. Money raised will be used to buy a huge TV and games for the teenager’s Dolphin Bedroom at Little Bridge House.
During the last twenty-one years, well over £190,000 has been raised for charitable purposes.
As well as cycling or walking for national or international charities, many riders and walkers choose to support either local charities or charities close to their heart.
To qualify for all the team and individual prizes detailed below, sponsorship monies must be received by the Cycle Ride Administrator by Tuesday 5 September 2017 at the latest. Entry forms can be downloaded via the link above.
If you have any queries please do not hesistate to contact Jacky Ford on: 01823 277057 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
What to do next:
Please complete the Entry Form and return it with the appropriate entry fee to:
The Cycle Ride Administrator, “Brindles”, 16 Campion Drive, Taunton, Somerset, TA1 3XE.
• The President’s Cup (current holder Wellington Medical Centre) - awarded to the industrial/commercial firm raising the most sponsorship money.
• The Beer Direct Cup (current holder The Hatch Inn) - awarded to the hotel, pub or club or other licensed premises raising the most sponsorship money.
• The Gazette Cup (current holder Somerset College) - awarded to the school or college raising the most sponsorship money.
• The Primary School Cup - awarded to the primary school raising the most sponsorship money.
*Please note - Teams may consist of riders, walkers or both. Riders and teams taking part in the Competitive Ride also qualify for these prizes.
Prizes available to all riders or walkers:
• A bike donated by Ralph Colman Cycles (Bike UK) for the highest overall individual money raiser.
• Vouchers donated by Go Outdoors to the value of £100, £75 and £50 respectively for the second, third and fourth placed individual money raisers.
Cycle options available:
10 miles (16km) includes part of the Taunton- Bridgwater Canal.
21-mile (34km) ride includes extended route along the Canal Family-friendly walk around Longrun Meadows and Netherclay Wood.
NEW FOR 2017: 15-mile (24km) ride includes extended route along the Canal Entry Fee Information.
Cost: £10 per adult rider; £5 for students in full-time education.
• Payable by 22 April, an early-bird entry fee of £15 for a family of up to 4 riders (2 adults & 2 children or 1 adult & 3 children) with £2 per additional child thereafter.
• Family of up to 4 riders entry fee of £20 payable 23 April – 7 May inclusive.
• £2 per walker; £5 for a family of up to four (dogs go free!) General information.
The ride and the walk start and finish at the Genesis Centre, Bridgwater and Taunton College, Heron Drive, Taunton, TA1 5AX
Once registered on the day, cyclists may start their ride between 10.00 and 12.00
• Parking space is available at Bridgwater and Taunton College.
• All cycle routes are colour-coded and well marked; maps will be available for collection on the day; water stations will be available on all routes.
• A list of emergency contact phone numbers will be available on the day.
• Volunteer marshals (with mobile phones), the St John Ambulance and a bicycle repair and recovery service, kindly provided by Ralph Colman Cycles (Bike UK), will be on hand to assist riders.
All cyclists and walkers must check back in to the Genesis Centre by 16.00 at the latest.
• Medals or wristbands will be awarded to all participants.
>> ENTRY FORM (PDF file) <<
The Rotary Club of Taunton 50/50 Cycle Ride & Walk The Rotary Club of Taunton Charity Trust Fund - Charity Number 1038293.